Photos of Saginaw by Photographer Mike Sonnenberg

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Start of my Journey

I recently posted a photo I took of the Potter Street Train Station on facebook and many people asked me what building was in the photo. Although the Train Station is old and a little beat up it’s still standing and is a huge part of Saginaw’s history and I was surprised that many people did know what it was. Saginaw has a great history and is a wonderful place to live. I am tired of seeing my town on the top of some list of crappy cities, when I know this is still a great place to live. We have beautiful parks, rivers, architecture, and wildlife and I want to showcase the good in this area. I guess this is the beginning of my journey and I don’t know where this project will take me but I hope to change people’s perception of the Saginaw Valley area thru the photos I create. I can't think of a better place to start a journey then at a train station where my great-grandparents came into Saginaw many years ago.


1 comment:

  1. My dad was an engineer down there for many years. I have memories of driving down there in a 1973 Chevy Nova, picking him up after his run. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete