Photos of Saginaw by Photographer Mike Sonnenberg

Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Sunny Place To Sit

It was a cool but clear Saturday morning in November and I was out in Shields. I stopped by Roethke Park and took a walk around the pond. I saw the sun illuminating this bench and I captured this photo. It got me thinking about the name of the park, and I found out it was named after Carl L. Roethke brother of Poet Theodore Roethke a Pulitzer Prize winning poet from Saginaw. I found this line in one of his poems. “A ripple widening from a single stone, Winding around the waters of the world”. I wished I had thrown a stone into the water to create some ripples in the photo, but I think he is referring to us being the stone. I don’t think I will ever get poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment